Dutch A Literature SSST
In the IBDP, students can choose the two-year program ‘Dutch A: Literature SSST’ (Standard Level). An SSST (school supported self-taught)-subject always concerns a language which is not taught at the day school. The IB-School is responsible for the SSST-student; they should appoint an SSST-supervisor within the school, and a language specific -external- tutor must be found.
IBID offers external tuition for ‘Dutch A Literature SSST’.
The main features of an IBID-program:
- IBID-programs are fully in line with the curriculum and final attainment levels by the IBO (International Baccalaureate Organization);
- The teaching materials are challenging, efficient and goal oriented;
- IBID-programs are made to measure and can be adjusted to the level and/or interests of the student;
- Tuition will be scheduled for in the period 1 September – 30 June (for exam students until 31 May), taking school holidays into account;
- Students receive an individualized study planner that will be kept up on a weekly basis;
- Weekly Videocalls, one on one, with a designated tutor. IBID has its own Zoom-account;
- Intensive exam training with optimal guidance for each component;
- The tutor is always available for questions from students;
- The tutor marks homework on a weekly basis and discusses that with the student;
- The tutor maintains contact with the school and provides for school grades, reports, tests to be taken in test week/mock exams etc.;
- The tutor keeps the parents updated on the progress of their child and is available for their questions or feedback;
- IBID guarantees steady tuition. It has a solid team of highly experienced and qualified IB-teachers, who work in close cooperation with eachother. Tutors can always count on support from IBID-colleagues, in case of illness, but also for standardizing work, asking for tips etc. IBID has a transparent system of viewing student work and email correspondence. A smooth transfer to another tutor, if needed, is ensured..
One-year accelerated program for Dutch A Literature SSST
The ‘Dutch A: Literature SSST’ program covers two academic years. In close consultation with the school, IBID can also provide a ‘made-to-measure’ program in the form of a one-year accelerated program. This may be necessary if circumstances have prevented a student from taking ‘Dutch A Literature SSST’ in the first year of the IBDP. Furthermore, a student might wish to take the ‘anticipated exam’ for ‘Dutch A Literature SSST’ in the first IBDP-year.
In some cases, students are allowed to choose a program other than Dutch A SSST, with a long-distance tutor. This is only possible with the explicit consent of the student’s IB-school. In cooperation with the school, IBID may offer tuition for
- Dutch A Literature HL
- Dutch A Language & Literature HL/SL
- Dutch B HL/SL
IBDP Dutch (16-19 years)
Two-year IB Dutch A Literature SSST program per academic year
One-year accelerated IB Dutch A Literature SSST program
* The one-time registration fee for newly registered students is